Support for Sanskrit in the 2011 census, OT post
- From: naniwadekar <nani3skip45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:16:53 -0800 (PST)
Champions of the Sanskrit language have issued an appeal to people in
India to register Sanskrit as their first or second language in the
upcoming census. A language needs enough number of officially
affiliated (via census) people for the government to be legally able
to support it financially. During my visit to India a few weeks ago, I
was pleasantly surprised to see just how many people are striving to
keep the language alive. But, not unlike 1930s music, it is a case of
those who like it taking great efforts for it, and others ignoring it
totally. The site sanskritdocuments.org covers an incredible amount of
ancient Sanskrit texts and that is one more unexpected piece of
evidence how much effort is being taken to keep this great language
alive and thriving.
- Prev by Date: Re: Has LATA MANGESHKAR ever gone "besur / besura" in her filmy singing career !
- Next by Date: Re: why Support for Sanskrit in the 2011 census, OT post?
- Previous by thread: Re: One more VERY RARE DUET of Geeta Roy in your IBs - feature of 7th
- Next by thread: Re: why Support for Sanskrit in the 2011 census, OT post?