Re: "Yeh hawa yeh raat yeh chandni" lyrics

rg_marathe@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a fan of Talat Mehamood. I am no expert in urdu, but the obvious
> meaning to me is as follows: (Probably it is obvious to you too, sing
> you sing them).
>
> > jo gajab mein aaye to kahar hai
> > jo ho meharabaa to karaar hai
>
> The previous lines are
> " Tujhe kya khabar hai o bekhabar, teri ik nazar main hai kya asar"
>
> Hence, it is about the 'nazar', and it says that if the nazar is 'angry
> 'it is destructive for me' and if it is 'favouring', it is 'releif to
> my soul'.

OK, that clarifies a lot - because I was not aware that a meaning of
gazab is "angry". I always thought ghazab means "something surprising."

Thanks
Vinay

> > hai kalee kalee pe jo mastiyaan
> > teree aankh kaa ye khumaar hai
>
> The beauty and fragerance of KaleeyanaN is due to the effect of your
> mesmerising and nasheeli 'Nazar'.
>
> Ravi

  • Re: "Yeh hawa yeh raat yeh chandni" lyrics
    ... > jo gajab mein aaye to kahar hai ... " Tujhe kya khabar hai o bekhabar, teri ik nazar main hai kya asar" ... Hence, it is about the 'nazar', and it says that if the nazar is 'angry ... > hai kalee kalee pe jo mastiyaan ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: Ghazals
    ... The meaning of the various couplets is rather simplistic. ... is soch mein *baithaa* hun kya gham use pahuncha hai ... bikhari huyi zulfein hain utra hua chehra hai ... She didn't look back even as a gust of wind might, even though she passed me bye laughing. ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • "Yeh hawa yeh raat yeh chandni" lyrics
    ... meaning of the lyrics. ... Could someone please explain the exact meaning ... jo gajab mein aaye to kahar hai ... hai kalee kalee pe jo mastiyaan ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)