Babdi Boobdi - Chitalkar/Lata

Hi,

Coming back to the songs on Indianscreen..there's a song Babdi Boobdi

http://www.indianscreen.com/mp3/Khazana_1951-Lata,Chitalkar&Co-BabdiBoobdi-RajinderKrishan_CRamchandra.mp3

by Chitalkar and Lata. Clearly, the lyrics have been written to fit in
to the tune.

I have heard that tune in a Hollywood musical (pre-1950s MGM). I'm
going nuts trying recall which one. Perhaps other RMIM readers may
know. I checked my Danny Kaye set but the tune wasn't in it - Babdi
Boobdi sounded so much like a Danny Kaye concoction [the nonsense
lyrics, the bongos and rapid-fire chorus at the end]. I don't think it
is a Judy Garland song either.

Cheers
Arun

  • Re: A Song
    ... No no tune for it yet. ... If anybody see's enough intrest in these lyrics to put them to song then ... I'd read their names on cold gray stone ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Same lyrics, different tunes
    ... the tune is completely new and whether you like the tune or not it's atleast got ... Two songs-same lyrics has been done before. ... soch kar nahin guzra" by Gulzar has been composed atleast twice, ... even L-P had recorded a song with the lyrics and then ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: Listen if you will...
    ... Your lyrics are great and seem to be heart felt? ... feel that you should put them to a tune that is contradictory to what you ... thing and sets your song apart from others. ... syllables so that you dont have to slow down or rush words to fit the musics ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: In his recent biography, "Chronicles I", Bob Dylan cites John Jacob Niles as an early influence.
    ... John Jacob Niles actually wrote the lyrics or does the song go even ... tune was downright terrible. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Hush
    ... > ITYM 'Oren Bach' to the tune of Cwm Rhondda' IAF. ... The teams have in front of them the words but not the music of a song ... first song both in words and music, will be played but without the words ... without the lyrics but retaining the music. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)