Ustad Ahmed Hussain & Ustad Mohd. Hussain (Classical Bhajans uploaded)

Today, I wish to discuss a different musical genre and flavour.The
world of classical Bhajans of two musical brothers from Rajasthan,
Ustad Ahmad & Ustad Mohd.Hussein,who are more popular as great ghazal
singers.But I came across a few choice bhajans sung by them in
classical ragas, which really touched my heart, and I thought I should
share it with you all.They have very rich and soulful voices,steeped
in all the traditional beauty of hindustani classical music, and they
really move you with their emotional appeal to Hindu deities, though
they are muslims.It seems that our glorious heritage of Indian
classical music is one sure bond that cuts across the religious divide
between hindus and muslims, with the prime example of so many
hindustani classical great musicians like Bade Ghulam Ali
Khan,Bismilla Khan,Amjhad Ali Khan,Parveen Sultana and these two
Hussein brothers, moving countless music lovers with their great
emotion or bhava in singing songs of the Hindu Gods.Another great
example of a great muslim singer with this kind of emotional appeal in
singing bhajans of Hindu Gods was the late immortal Mohd Rafi, whose
"Hari Om, Man tadpath Hari darshan ko aaj" in raag Malkauns has become
a classic over the last 50 years.

Now for a short bio of the Hussein brothers, before we enjoy their
beautiful bhajans.

Ustad Ahmed Hussain and Ustad Mohammed Hussain are renowned ghazal
singers from the Indian state of Rajisthan from Gwalior Gharana. Ustad
Ahmed and Mohemmad Hussain are a unique phenonmenon in the world of
ghazals. They are two brothers who sing ghazals together. They have a
classical background and sing ghazals in the good old classical style.

Born in Rajastan, the duo are versatile, touching genres like
Classical and bhajans apart from ghazals. They started their singing
career as classical and tumri artists, but are now established as
masters of ghazal. Their first album Guldasta was released in 1980 and
was quite successful. Since then they have released about 50 albums.

Endowed with a sweet voice highly suitable for ghazal singing, they
sing with good feel and understanding for each other, which is so
important when singing together, especially when there is
improvisation involved.

Naturally several awards have come their way including the prestigious
Sangeeth Natak Academy award in 2000.

The Hussains started their musical training in 1958, developing their
natural talent and god-given talent. They honed their talent for vocal
classical music by following a scrupulous disciplinary regimen. They
have effectively applied the curative spiritual powers of their music
to help heal cancer patients, the blind and physically challenged. The
brothers have also performed to raise money to help in event of
natural calamities such as earthquakes, flood and famines. They look
upon music as a humanist endeavour and a curative power and not as a
pursuit whose end is merely commercial entertainment.

Now for the download links to their 7 bhajans, which moved me very
deeply, particularly Track No.4 in this selection, "Sharadhe, Hamsa
Vahini" in Malkauns or Hindolam:

01_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_TUM_BIN_MORI_KAUN_KHABAR_LE_2_.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/48hq3v

02_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_JAI_JAI_JAG_JANAN_DEVI.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/3w5mk7

03_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_KANHA_TORI_JOHAT_RAH_GAI_BAAT.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/4wasjs

04_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_SHARADHE_JAI_HANS_VAHINI.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/4nceem

05_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_AB_RADHE_RANI_DE_DARO_BANSI.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/42cfyn

06__AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_BHAL_CHANDRA_JATA_GANGA.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/4hm4se

07_AHMAD__MOHD.HUSSEIN_GAIYE_GANAPATI_JAG_VANDAN.mp3

http://tinyurl.com/3sfygq
.