It takes more than a week

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/07/a-long-strange-trip/8999/

or if that wraps:

http://tinyurl.com/7hbnpbw

I've never heard of the 14-DVD box set mentioned by the author.

"Pristine, disembodied, American. And open-ended, like the Dead."

Heh, maybe you can get on the bus in a week of DVD watching.

--
Ken Fortenberry

  • How Do You Change an Uncomfortable Subject?
    ... Moreover?and most tellingly?the American military?s efforts to capture ... Bin Laden ?dead or alive? ... I wake up to hear about Osama Bin Laden?s death. ... Laden was killed?but none of the actual corpse. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: The only good American is a dead one
    ... "The only good American is a dead one." ... Andrew Jackson himself as "the only good Indian is a dead Indian" ... maybe it is sad we don't learn from our own history. ... the 1880's during our "Indian Wars" on the American frontier. ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: The Grateful Dead
    ... > who was included in Harry Smith's "Anthology of American Folk Music" ... > an Acoustic Guitarist to pick up any one of the Garcia / Grisman cds ... you can see Jerry and David picking some serious banjo ... So, if I don't like the Dead, I have a closed mind? ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Harold Pinter - The Guardian, 08/12/2005 (UK)
    ... > were told that Iraq had a relationship with Al Quaeda and shared ... > United States understands its role in the world and how it chooses to embody ... > and 30,000 dead finally undermined the spirit of the Nicaraguan people. ... > American foreign policy. ...
    (soc.culture.brazil)
  • Re: Diplomas Wont Make Jihadis Go Away, Barack
    ... Barack and Michelle Obama, a truly "tasteless and offensive" passage ... ignorance" that supposedly breeds Muslim terrorists, can American ... Mohammed bonded with other Arab Muslim foreign students ... American soldiers dead) and the 9/11 attacks. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)