Hunger

Just finished reading an article about
how hunger, and the need to rely on
food stamps is now affecting many
who never thought they'd be in that
situation. Hunger sucks bad, really
bad.

  • Re: My strategy for 8 more years of President Bill Clinton
    ... do go hungry and chronic mild undernutrition does occur when financial ... Hunger certainly exists, and you could have used that for your ... Are food stamps available, and what does it take to get them? ... I would prefer to see some data rather than rely on observation, but having been very marginally involved in TANF education programs, I had the sense that the welfare reform mostly affected those who could and should be out working. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: My strategy for 8 more years of President Bill Clinton
    ... do go hungry and chronic mild undernutrition does occur when financial ... Hunger certainly exists, and you could have used that for your ... Are food stamps available, and what ... It is not clear to me that hunger increased as a result of welfare reform ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: My strategy for 8 more years of President Bill Clinton
    ... do go hungry and chronic mild undernutrition does occur when financial ... Hunger certainly exists, and you could have used that for your ... Are food stamps available, and what does it take to get them? ... I would prefer to see some data rather than rely on observation, but having been very marginally involved in TANF education programs, I had the sense that the welfare reform mostly affected those who could and should be out working. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: My strategy for 8 more years of President Bill Clinton
    ... Hunger certainly exists, and you could have used that for your ... Are food stamps available, and what does it take to get them? ... I would prefer to see some data rather than rely on observation, but having been very marginally involved in TANF education programs, I had the sense that the welfare reform mostly affected those who could and should be out working. ... Anyway, in response to your last question above, A democrat administration eroded food stamp purchasing power, the republicans could give less a shit, so I don't know who's more likely to do something about it. ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: My strategy for 8 more years of President Bill Clinton
    ... Hunger certainly exists, and you could have used that for your ... eroded the purchasing power of food stamps, so while the price of food ... administration eroded food stamp purchasing power, ... Not quite sure what that means: "Welfare reform effectively eroded the ...
    (rec.music.gdead)