Re: What If...

Personally I am convinced that the NSA did choose its targets in a
good-faith effort to find Al Qaeda associates--I am not convinced that
the FISA legislation applied to all the individuals whose
communications were intercepted--some may not have been "American
persons" as I understood the law to define covered individuals; the
problem is that the program was both secret and probably a form of data
mining--not only do we not know who the targets were but if the targets
were chosen via computer alogorithms, NSA personnel may not have known
the identities or citizenship status of individuals whose
communications were intercepted--information gained may have been
necessary to obtain before identities could even be established.

  • Re: Top-Secret Document Reveals NSA Spied On Porn Habits As Part Of Plan To Discredit Radicalize
    ... according to a top-secret NSA document. ... provided by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, identifies six targets, ... -- "assessment report on radicalization indicated that radicalizers ... exploited are "viewing sexually explicit material online" and "using ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Can You Hear Me Now? - NSA identifies lethal drone strike targets with phone metadata
    ... - NSA identifies lethal drone strike targets with phone metadata ... The National Security Agency is using complex analysis of electronic surveillance, rather than human intelligence, as the primary method to locate targets for lethal drone strikes – an unreliable tactic that results in the deaths of innocent or unidentified people. ... According to a former drone operator for the military’s Joint Special Operations Command who also worked with the NSA, the agency often identifies targets based on controversial metadata analysis and cell-phone tracking technologies. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Book on Pre-MATH for cryptography and cryptanalysis. Reply
    ... A lot of quaint involved targets will by now associate the ... rewards. ... personnel in Sayed's catch might drown some additional drinks. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: Website search engine is a hacking tool..
    ... occasionally but that could also be the Google API's. ... > search engines and return counts and possible identities are put ... > they also could be used to find hackable targets in a weak link target ...
    (Pen-Test)