Dear Mrs. Roosevelt

I'd never heard this, from the '68 Tribute to Woody concert:
http://www.nodepression.com/video/dear-mrs-roosevelt-tribute-to-woody-guthrie-concert-wmv

If this link doesn't work, go to YouTube and type "Dear Mrs Roosevelt
(tribute to woody guthrie concert)wmv".

Thanks to someone over at Expecting Rain. I guess Woody never recorded
this, though the full lyrics are printed at the Guthrie archive site:
http://woodyguthrie.org/Lyrics/Dear_Mrs_Roosevelt.htm

- Willie

  • Re: Woodie Guthrie
    ... Dylan sings "I Ain't Got No Home", "Dear Mrs Roosevelt" and "The Grand Coulee Dam" on the CD titled A Tribute to Woody Guthrie, which dates back to the '60s, just after Woody died. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Woodie Guthrie
    ... Coulee Dam" on the CD titled A Tribute to Woody Guthrie, which dates back to the '60s, just after Woody died. ... He did a lot of Woody songs before he became famous. ...
    (rec.music.dylan)