Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- From: treadleson <treadle99@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
On May 24, 12:41 pm, really real <reallyr...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 24/05/2011 8:23 AM, crazytimes wrote:
On May 24, 9:38 am, really real<reallyr...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
4) How is it obvious watching the footage from '66 that he was into
smack? Are there shots where his eyes are clearly "pinned"? Or are we
assuming that his vocal stylisations are evidence of heroin use? (Cf:
Billie Holiday; also Emmett Grogan of the acetates)
5) There may be some credibility to the footage of '66, but i'd more
likely suggest that he was just using the opiate to alleviate the
effects of the stimulants. (but what do i know?)
Dudley, I hope you don't mind if I just respond to this part of your
post. Some people get a little snippy about this kind of snipping.
The evidence of heroin usage I see in the Dylan of '66 is how hazy his
voice got and how laid back his appearance got. The cover photo of
Blonde on Blonde looks very smackish to me.
And how bout that limousine ride with John Lennon?
What I object to is your implication that heroin was the ONLY drug
that Bob was using during that era... It makes it sound very narrow....
Where did you get this from what I was saying?
Bob was definitely taking Texas Medicine along with his railroad gin.
There are a lot of meth images in Dylan's songs too. I always thought
speed and heroin were kind of equal in Bob's '66 substance abuse file
And that's based on the Blonde cover and a few frames of him frozen in
time from a 1966 concert. Good thing you don't intend to prosecute.
He wouldn't have a chance with you.
- Prev by Date: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- Next by Date: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- Previous by thread: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- Next by thread: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66