Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- From: really real <reallyreal@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:38:18 -0700
4) How is it obvious watching the footage from '66 that he was into
smack? Are there shots where his eyes are clearly "pinned"? Or are we
assuming that his vocal stylisations are evidence of heroin use? (Cf:
Billie Holiday; also Emmett Grogan of the acetates)
5) There may be some credibility to the footage of '66, but i'd more
likely suggest that he was just using the opiate to alleviate the
effects of the stimulants. (but what do i know?)
Dudley, I hope you don't mind if I just respond to this part of your post. Some people get a little snippy about this kind of snipping.
The evidence of heroin usage I see in the Dylan of '66 is how hazy his voice got and how laid back his appearance got. The cover photo of Blonde on Blonde looks very smackish to me.
And how bout that limousine ride with John Lennon?
- Prev by Date: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- Next by Date: Re: Blonde on Blonde released
- Previous by thread: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66
- Next by thread: Re: Dylan, Heroin, & Lies from 66