Re: Elvis: Tomorrow is a long time
- From: Gemini Jackson <geminijackson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:48:50 -0400
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:42:53 -0700 (PDT), Jumbo
On Jun 11, 4:16 am, really real <reallyr...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I like your metaphor that the bloated Elvis is like the Grateful Dead. I
too have been enjoying the later Elvis more, as the decades go on, but I
have to say, Elvis's Tomorrow Is A Long Time is kind of poppy and dull.
I agree with Tim. It's one of the best Dylan covers ever. But for that
reason I put it on a tape and played it too many times, so these days
I don't listen to it. And indeed Elvis stole the arrangement entire
from Odetta's excellent album. Her version is also great.
Elvis is, if anything, under-rated. And I prefer his later stuff, too.
So nuh. :)
I just don't get Elvis, I respect his early contribution to help
reshape modern music but I've never considered him an artist. and yes
I heard nearly every note he's ever sung courtesy of my mother.
...which may explain my distaste.
- Prev by Date: Re: We're all friends here...right?
- Next by Date: Re: Bob Dylan endorses Obama
- Previous by thread: Re: Elvis: Tomorrow is a long time
- Next by thread: Re: Elvis: Tomorrow is a long time