Re: Trust.

On May 11, 1:33 pm, Mr Jinx <vernon__bris...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Trust yourself" sang Dylan in the mid-eighties on his homage to film
Empire Burlesque (1985).

"Don't trust me to show you beauty
When beauty may only turn to rust.
If you need somebody you can trust, trust yourself."

I am afraid I am guilty of trusting Dylan to show me beauty although
perhaps not on this particular song which has a mean, pinched vocal
and sounds paradoxically one of the least trustworthy songs in his
oeuvre.

But the 80s was a long time ago now. We have all moved on and some of
us have stopped power-dressing. My questions are these: Do you think
Dylan trusts himself these days? Does he trust his fans? Do you
trust him?

Is it even (has it ever been) about trust?

Mr Jinx

It's all about love.

Love and only love it can't be denied.

Love is all there is.

It makes the world go round.

Love and only love, it can't be denied.

Oh g-d, i'm stuck.

oh well.

i'm stoned.

i don't care.

mr. dylan, would you like my children?

never mind.

bye,
great big fat stupid ugly junkie too many screws loose elevator
doesn't reach the top driveway don't hit the street Rachel.

.