Leon Everette was right / Hurricane

It just dawned on me how prophetic Leon Everette was in 1981 - with his
hit "Hurricane".

If you remember -- the song is about a hurricane hitting New Orleans...

Here are the lyrics:

Thirty miles out in the Gulf Stream
I can hear those south winds moan
Bridges are lookin'lower
shrimp boats hurryin' home

The old man down the Quarter
slowly turns to me
Took another drink of whiskey
and he looked at me and said

I was born on the rain of the Ponchertrain
beneath that Louisianna Moon
Don't mind the strain of the hurricane
she comes round every June
And high black water she's the Devil's daughter
she's hard and she's cold and she's mean
nobody's taught her that it takes a lot of water to wash away New
Orleans

A man come down from Chicago
gonna set that levy right
He said it's got to be three feet higher
or it won't make it through the night

The Old Man down the the Quarter
said don't you listen to that boy
the water'll be down by morning
son, she'll be on her way to Illinois

I was born on the rain of the Ponchertrain
beneath that Louisianna Moon
Don't mind the strain of the hurricane
she comes round every June
And high black water she's the Devil's daughter
she's hard and she's cold and she's mean
Be we finally tought her that it takes a lot of water to wash away New
Orleans

.