Re: Your favorite Mozart recordings
- From: "MrT" <symbiotrans@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 18 Jan 2006 11:43:30 -0800
<<Sorry, but I have to strongly un-recommend the ABQ quartets. Badly
recorded, and they hardly sound like Mozart - too lead footed by far.
Hi, Paul. Well, then I'll recommend them twice as strongly... Once, in
a math seminar, the speaker had proved a theorem and somebody shouted:
"It's false! I have a counterexample." And the speaker, a veteran of
such occurrences, replied clamly. "But I have two proofs...".
Seriously, I don't find the Telded sound too bad. True, it's seventies
analog with some audible tape hiss, but it's reasonably well focused
and has plenty of bloom. It doesn't bother me or distract me. As to
lead-footed, I disagree but cannot argue with your ear.
Is it mandatory to write something nasty or can I still be civilized?
(I don't post much anymore, and from the insults I read in various
threads, I wonder what remains of the old spirit here).
- Prev by Date: Re: Bruch's Violin Concerto No.1 in G-minor
- Next by Date: Re: Beethoven Op 18 #1
- Previous by thread: Re: Your favorite Mozart recordings
- Next by thread: Re: Your favorite Mozart recordings