Re: Top posting

Joe Vitale <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in
news:Xns96AEB9D774337rustyironeedlecom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Owen Hartnett <owenx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>
>> putting it in the most presentable and easiest to read form
>> would be the most desirable.
>
> I agree.
>
> I really couldn't give two hoots if folks top post or bottom post, but I
> do admire a post that judiciously edits the quote that he or she is
> responding to. I also value those posters that are relevant, brief, and
> to the point in their response (naturally) -but not so brief that it is
> a waste of time to open up the poster's contribution in the first place.

And if one really wants to complain about a trolling post, one really
should not quote the entirety of the offending post. This is what Richard
Loeb has repeatedly done, and this is why he is in my killfile.

True, I have made this error in judgement *occasionally* and in the heat of
the moment, but Loeb seemed to be doing it over and over and over, despite
being complained to, until enough was enough for me.

Hey spammers, look what happened to Vardan Kushnir. You're next!

  • Re: Apple Lags Behind On DVD-R/RWs?
    ... If you had bothered to quote more than one you ... I see that the Snit Circus of Pathological Lies continues. ... While they will complain about his BS here and there, ... Most memorable was a foul mouthed troll by the name of Trent ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OT - When America feared and reviled Catholics
    ... Well I do not care to keep track of your kill file or 'known facts' ... Because 99% of the post you were responding to someone else... ... no one twisted your hand to respond to him nor to quote ... I will not adjust something that is done for ages on Usenet to ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Cant delete temp files
    ... My Question is - What did Dudley write???? ... It also helps to address the person to whom you are responding. ... Again no>>>by Dudley's quote, so difficult to tell where his quote ends and ... Newsgroup quoting styles have been in use now for well over 20 years, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Kidd: The Heat will hurt the NBA
    ... lazymphobia, its a disease!, here is what Kidd said in a nutshell. ... need a razor whilst reading our beloved Kidd's quote. ... Why hasn't all this former players ever complained about Boston a few ... So why don't people complain as much about them as they do about the ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Near full employment for software developers, whose unemployment rate falls from last year to 2.
    ... wrote if others quote it. ... responding to my posts; he's willfully ignorant. ... Keith had not read. ... deliberately blinds himself, then expects to be excused from criticism ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)