{OT:} Time to break up America into autonomous regions?

I no longer think one American government can govern over the defacto
regions that are forming in America. There are observable differences
between areas: the South, the north east, mid-atlantic east coast, mid-
west, west coast, the west (east of the rockies). Maybe even the
southwest and the southeast.

These regions have conflicting cultures that at times are in direct
opposition to each other. The regions compete as if they are separate
countries. No government can satisfy the electorate in all these
regions. This is what is causing the constant pre-civil war mentality
in some areas.

The only sane way out is an American Union of regions, similar to the
European Union.

  • Re: Bush Administration Weakens Truck Safety
    ... Illegals working here make contacts here. ... stored for eternity in 50 government databases. ... American people in origin, one only has to look at the history of most legislation addressing practically every other hot button topics, to understand that my supposition and prediction is not out of the realm of high probability. ... If we know that Democrats want to license illegal aliens in many states, and we have several Presidential candidates who seem to feel it is okay to license them, and combine that with the fact that a Democratic President signed into law a provision that allows anyone issued a driver's license the expressed right to register to vote, and that all one has to do is to simply ATTEST that they are a United States citizen when they fill out a voter registration card, AND that no one will check that citizenship statement, then I think it's MORE than fair to say that DEMOCRATS are clearly behind a movement to enable illegal aliens the opportunity to vote in our elections. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • life under two corrupt governments--America and China (part 1 of 2)
    ... As to what happened in China, I can say with some confidence that I ... was tortured by Chinese citizens as well as American citizens abroad, ... but mostly Chinese citizens. ... American government, or ...
    (soc.rights.human)
  • (LONG) The Birdman and the Washington Question
    ... The Birdman and the Washington Question ... â??The people should not fear their government, ... governmental fear that John wrote - and rewrote - this essay. ... This brings us straight back to the abiding issue of why American WN is so ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • Re: U.S. GOVERNMENT TARGETING OF AMERCIAN DISSIDENTS - Part I
    ... THE WAR ON YOU: ... U.S. GOVERNMENT TARGETING OF AMERCIAN DISSIDENTS - Part I ... wiretapping phone conversations of American citizens and last weeks ... (in spite of the earlier passage and renewal of the USA Patriot Act), ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)