Re: Tight String

On Jan 26, 4:12 pm, David Klausa <davidkla...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
dsi - Yes, it's probably the tuner. I have noticed that some tuning
pegs have become looser than others. I'm not gonna change my strings
again for at least another few weeks so I'll have a good look then.

Artisan - It is perplexing to me too, how it can get tighter and
tighter til almost snapping, without being very high in pitch.

Hm. There's no way a string can sound lower as it gets tighter, unless
the string is getting long and/or thicker at the same time. So, one of
two things could be happening:

1. A tuner is slipping. You keep winding it up and it just SEEMS like
it's getting extremely tight because of all the winding you're doing.
An illusion.

2. The string really IS way too tight for the pitch you want, which
means that you somehow got the wrong string on. Maybe a B string
somehow got into the E string package. Or a super-high-tension string
from another manufacturer got mixed into the set somehow. (A clerk or
customer comparing strings from different sets at the store failed to
put them back in the right packages.) Or you just got them mixed up
somehow when you were changing strings. Stuff happens.

Did this happen just with a single change of strings, or have you
changed several sets recently and it keeps happening?

  • Re: Reading nothing but EOF??!!
    ... Vinnie wrote: ... extensive testing showed that the path that I was building to the file was printed on the screen the right way, but somehow it was not as it seemed, and the open statement was opening some other blank file without reporting an error, even though I had the status set to "old" and there did not exist an old file with that name. ... One of the sections of strings that I was catenating to build the path was a string returned by a function, used directly in between two cat operators, as in // ... Well, as Richard M and others noted, if you would have posted the actual code, more than likely there's an obvious reason other than the grouchy woman allusion. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: replacing values using variable name
    ... And somehow I was getting type mismatch error. ... to ByVal rString As String, ... > Dim pString as string ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • using awk on a variable
    ... I imagine that somehow I am passing the variable to awk incorrectly. ... and it will contain the string shown in the error ... Writings of "The" Schizophrenic, what it's like to be a schizo, and other ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Population count in SSE2, again
    ... Someone tell me why 21 instructions and a branch, per word, is somehow ... load address of string to esi ... (dec-branch instruction) ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: Reading nothing but EOF??!!
    ... | printed on the screen the right way, but somehow it was not as it seemed, ... | catenating to build the path was a string returned by a function, ... Even though the function returns a 4 character string, ... What is the declaration of Junk_str? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)