Re: Tight String
- From: David Klausa <davidklausa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:12:54 -0800 (PST)
dsi - Yes, it's probably the tuner. I have noticed that some tuning
pegs have become looser than others. I'm not gonna change my strings
again for at least another few weeks so I'll have a good look then.
Artisan - It is perplexing to me too, how it can get tighter and
tighter til almost snapping, without being very high in pitch. There
must be a looseness elsewhere, that is allowing the string to seem
tight along the length of the fretboard but having its power sapped in
the tuner, for example.
ed - It's wound around the tuning barrel about 5 times at this point.
It is snug against the headstock. It seems firm on the tie block too,
and none of the other strings have the issue.
- Prev by Date: Re: Question about steel string - grooves in string hole
- Next by Date: Re: Tight String
- Previous by thread: Re: Tight String
- Next by thread: Re: Tight String