Re: Tight String

dsi - Yes, it's probably the tuner. I have noticed that some tuning
pegs have become looser than others. I'm not gonna change my strings
again for at least another few weeks so I'll have a good look then.

Artisan - It is perplexing to me too, how it can get tighter and
tighter til almost snapping, without being very high in pitch. There
must be a looseness elsewhere, that is allowing the string to seem
tight along the length of the fretboard but having its power sapped in
the tuner, for example.

ed - It's wound around the tuning barrel about 5 times at this point.
It is snug against the headstock. It seems firm on the tie block too,
and none of the other strings have the issue.

  • Re: Self-Tuning Piano
    ... Are you a piano tuner or one that is familiar with ... some basic work with tuning - and am told I could, ... My dad started piano servicing in 1965 and my family grew up in the ... of strings that all need to vibrate to the correct scale. ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: Boss TU-2 Tuner Accuracy
    ... sphincter over tuning with tuners. ... Many of them are adamant that you should be able to tune your guitar effectively without a tuner, using only an A440 tuning fork. ... I can't tell the difference in a vacuum but the actual potential play in a tuner that is off 3% would mean that two strings could conceivably be off 6% between the two of them. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Guitar tuning
    ... for tuning, either by ear, tuner, pitch pipe, ... strings, D or G first. ... Also, as you tune each successive string, the ... like a piano tuner tunes ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: guitar tuner
    ... I use an Intellitouch tuner and found a couple tricks for tuning my ... I tune the 3 bass strings the ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)