Re: Is there really "overwhelming public disapproval" for the health care reform in the US?

On Dec 19, 5:10 pm, topaz <topazgal...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 18, 12:20 pm, Crisstti <crissttigalda...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So this article claims:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870423810457460223278647...

But it seems just so biased that I don't know how reliable the info
is.

Also, it seems quite incredible.  I haven't read much about the US
health system not the proposed reform, and I doubt I will as it's
something so far away from me anyway, but I do know that it was one of
the main promises in Obama's campaign, so people must have agreed
then.  What made them change their minds?.  And anyway, isn't it true
that 50 million people there don't have any insurance?.  There's just
has to be a public option for them.
(Sorry if I'm talking any nonsense here, I said I don't know taht much
about it).

Just so you know we debated and discussed this issue a few months ago
regarding a House bill HR3200 which now is not the bill  that was
passed.  The thread went on for  1000 posts literally and then for
some of us, it broke up into 5 or 6 metastatic threads.

Yeah, the "Youth in Asia" thread or something like that. I actually
thought it was a thread about some issue with young people in Asia
until someone said otherwise. Didn't read it at all. Was too busy.
Maybe I'll read it now, though if the bill is now different it's
probably not worth it anyway.

Your  new
thread may  generate a very long discussion.  It is important for
folks to have access to both the Senate version of the bill and the
House version of the bill. I know it is very confusing, however, the
legislative body of   our country is called "Congress" and they have 2
separate sections one called The House and one called The Senate.
Each section can debate an important issue such as health care
reform,    and then, if each section passes "a bill" as it is called,
then there will be a process where the two versions of health reform
are modified so that one bill is passed by Congress  as I understand
it, and then it will go  to the President either to sign it or
(reject) veto it.

Not confusing. It works the very same way here.

They do discuss it first in tthe House and then in the Senate,
right?. Where is it now?.

No you are not talking nonsense, and I believe many
people will  have  a rude surprise  when all is said and done,
however, we do not have a final version yet.   What I am very
disappointed about is how the legislation was created. There were a
number of "behind closed doors" deals to sway key members of Congress
to vote Yes.  That member of the House or Senate may have gotten
certain promises for  their beliefs, or for their state as a sort of
"bribe" and with all the deals I do not think the public really had a
chance to voice thier concerns fairly. When HR 3200 came out there
were a number of folks who had town hall meetings and spoke directly
to their legislative leaders, and the  IMO  the members of Congress
kept things more secretive this time intentionally.  Why do secretive
deals?   Well,  I think alot of people are going to be unhappy- Hide quoted text -

We (both here and there) need more direct democracy.
.