NBC: Crowing, even though I was off by one vote

On April 6, gully said,
"...I am wildly guessing it'll be upheld 6-3 or 5-4, with Roberts
not wanting a 5-4 decision, but even more not wanting to go down in
history as the Chief Justice of the most activist court in history,
what with the Florida decision, Citizens United and now this.

Looks like I was right about everything except Kennedy's vote. Some
conservative bloggers are saying Roberts might even have changed his
vote after the initial arguments and first vote.

  • Re: NBC: Crowing, even though I was off by one vote
    ... "...I am wildly guessing it'll be upheld 6-3 or 5-4, with Roberts ... not wanting a 5-4 decision, but even more not wanting to go down in ... history as the Chief Justice of the most activist court in history, ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: John Roberts, what a big asterisk you have
    ... >>> There were 22 Senate votes against John Roberts ascending to Chief Justice ... >>> and Feinstein have swapped positions, Feinstein finding the right vote this ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: John Roberts, what a big asterisk you have
    ... >>> There were 22 Senate votes against John Roberts ascending to Chief ... >>> beyond the grasp of Justice Roberts. ... >>> and Feinstein have swapped positions, Feinstein finding the right vote ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: OT - Another mini-poll
    ... >>> nominee than I did about Roberts. ... > Roberts' views are much different from mine, but I would vote yes for him. ... O'Connor has been the swing vote on the Court and her replacement is ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Suspend elections? WTF, no, she was not joking
    ... Dems would have us believe that wanting to vote ... The reality is that Dems are in this case attempting to ... Not that consuming large quantities of mind altering substances is ...
    (sci.military.naval)