Re: A Fan’s Thoughts on the Springsteen 1978 Darkness Tour

On Jun 14, 2:42 pm, MusicPub <lkir...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A friend and fellow Bruce fan reminded me to write something about the Darkness tour a few years ago when you were seeking input for the book, The Light in Darkness. I never got around to writing or contributing anything, but I’m pleased that its not too late. Here are my thoughts about the tour, and the impact it has had on my life.  Leon Mayeri  http://www.thelightinDarkness.com/news

I find that very well said, and remarkably like my own experience. My
first Bruce concert was the same Berkeley Community Theater show, but
my second was Winterland5 and a half months later. The first was by
far the best concert I had ever seen (or, you could say it was the
first real concert I had ever seen after years of just going and
seeing music performed. But Winterland was so much better it was like
the Berkeley one was just a warm-up, a dress rehearsal.

  • Re: 20 Years Ago Tonight
    ... >> My first Springsteen concert. ... >1978 Berkeley Community theater some time in June I believe. ... My wife's primary memory of this great concert is the walk home. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: A Fanís Thoughts on the Springsteen 1978 Darkness Tour
    ... Darkness tour a few years ago when you were seeking input for the book, ... my second was Winterland5 and a half months later. ... far the best concert I had ever seen (or, you could say it was the ... They rarely have concerts at Berkeley Community Theater anymore. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?Re=3A_A_Fan=92s_Thoughts_on_the_Springsteen_1978_Darkn?= =?windows-1252?Q?e