Re: Dio RIP (nbc)

<stuthalblum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d9cd5ae1-abb7-4176-920a-a0ba29bdac9f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 18, 9:09 am, "burtonlmb" <burton...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"David in NYC" <dbillo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
messagenews:76769f9f-3a3f-40ab-b86d-c6c86144044a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 17, 8:44 pm, "serveyerself" <serveyers...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just heard this head banger took the dirt nap. Anyone care?

"A close friend and a brother were big fans in the 80's. My brother
actually took him when I didn't want to go.

I'm surprised he was 67. That means he was in his 40's when I was in
high school and he had his big run of popularity."

According to allmusic.com, he was only 60.
I saw him in a band called Elf in 1974, opening for Deep Purple and ELO,
but
I don't remember much about Elf.
RIP.

"According to his NYT obit, he was 67. He started out singing doo-wop
in the LATE 1950s, at the age of 17."

Yeah, my bad, I see now that they have two different birth dates listed on
allmusic, and the earlier one does make more sense. Still, too young to die.

Burt

  • Re: Interesting POV on the Amazon Kindle Case
    ... ELF wrote: ... Win XP sends a hash based on the activation key and the firmware embedded serial numbers of the CPU, motherboard, hard drive etc. to when it's activated as well as the activation key itself to Microsoft whenever XP is activated as a piracy prevention measure. ... As it's a private corporation trying to keep it's product from being stolen by the unscrupulous it's a long way from Big Brother. ... But as far as trusting Bill Gates and M$ to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Dio RIP (nbc)
    ... "A close friend and a brother were big fans in the 80's. ... I saw him in a band called Elf in 1974, opening for Deep Purple and ELO, but ... I don't remember much about Elf. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Dio RIP (nbc)
    ... "A close friend and a brother were big fans in the 80's. ... I don't remember much about Elf. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Dio RIP (nbc)
    ... A close friend and a brother were big fans in the 80's. ... David in NYC ...