Re: Dio RIP (nbc)

<stuthalblum@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d9cd5ae1-abb7-4176-920a-a0ba29bdac9f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 18, 9:09 am, "burtonlmb" <burton...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"David in NYC" <dbillo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
messagenews:76769f9f-3a3f-40ab-b86d-c6c86144044a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On May 17, 8:44 pm, "serveyerself" <serveyers...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just heard this head banger took the dirt nap. Anyone care?

"A close friend and a brother were big fans in the 80's. My brother
actually took him when I didn't want to go.

I'm surprised he was 67. That means he was in his 40's when I was in
high school and he had his big run of popularity."

According to allmusic.com, he was only 60.
I saw him in a band called Elf in 1974, opening for Deep Purple and ELO,
but
I don't remember much about Elf.
RIP.

"According to his NYT obit, he was 67. He started out singing doo-wop
in the LATE 1950s, at the age of 17."

Yeah, my bad, I see now that they have two different birth dates listed on
allmusic, and the earlier one does make more sense. Still, too young to die.

Burt

.