NNBC: Hot Deal-Home Refinacingl for Wells Fargo customers

I did my refinance by phone tonight for their on-line deal. Went from a
fixed 6.25 to 5.5% no cost refinance-absolute zero cost to me. It's called
a step 3 loan and you must be an existing customer. I was told if the rate
drops again after my loan closes, I can refinance again at no cost.

https://mortgage.wellsfargo.com/easyapp/index.jsp

They are offering a 5.125% 30 year with a 1% origination fee plus the other
costs associated with the loan. I ran the numbers and after rolling in the
fees there was a minimal difference between the no fee 5.5 and the 5.125
rate. The only catch seems to be that your FICO needs to be high. I got
the info and ran the numbers and talked to another woman on the phone who
did not have access to my FICO- should have asked the first girl but forgot-
but it was her experience that the number had to be around 700 or better to
get this deal FWIW.

Hope this information is helpful to somebody.

Dave

  • Re: Mortgage refinancing?
    ... if that's not going to kill you and you aren't going to lose sleep ... compare what the total all-in cost is going to be for you over the ... If rates stay level or go down, you would be better off now in an ARM, ... have been better off to refinance into a fixed. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: OT: Refinaced the mortgage today
    ... by refinancing so it'll pay for itself in about 4 months. ... So if you have a 30 year loan with 20 years left and you refinance, ... I also did not pay and points or closing cost. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Interesting Offer From Mortgage Company
    ... We received an offer for a refinance at virtually no cost to us from our ... current mortgage company. ... We owe about $73,000 on a home that is valued at approximately ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Amort table - doesnt add up
    ... That way the "true" cost of a loan ... amount of non principal payments, ... to cover the rolled in fees. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: Trouble? No, Everythings all OK!
    ... mortgage secured on the property and a security bond for the ... to the travel agent securing your holiday payment. ... in the event of his insolvency the bond repays you the cost of his ... secured loan. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)