Re: anyone here ever been a seaman?
- From: oldperson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruthless)
- Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:52:51 -0400
In article <roac14dudj7752h3pj17sqjs73laoorqom@xxxxxxx>, Michael Schey
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:44:44 -0400, "the rizza's" <mrizz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
great special continues tonight on pbs called the Carrier...its kind of like
a rockumentary of what it is like to be on aircraft carrier..I spent 4 years
on the JFK CV 67..in the early 70s...and now they have women on board. Its
sort of like a reality show meets with a real documentary..very cool..they
have done a good job so far ..with 8 hours to go...still better than being
on the ground in this war..no iuds on the ocean just yet..mike
watched it last night. Excellent. People forget that these large
carriers are basically cities on the water with 5000 people, and that
most of these folks are never seen (ie cooks, techs, etc). And, like
any city/culture, it has its own set of problems and issues with
moral, crime, romance, etc.
I 've just always *wanted* to go to sea. Seriously.
More of a Moby Dick or Last Commander kinda of vibe though ( minus the
scurvy and wacky captain).
- Prev by Date: Re: Fort Lauderdale Friday
- Next by Date: Re: Poll: Obama/Clinton in Dead Heat (NBC)
- Previous by thread: Re: anyone here ever been a seaman?
- Next by thread: Re: anyone here ever been a seaman?