Re: Which was your favorite Tour and Why?
- From: "William Innes" <billyinnes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 05:44:15 GMT
"donnieb78" <donnieb78@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm not sure any tour, anytime, has matched Darkness for intensity,
passion, quality of material (both the album and the reams of unrecorded
stuff), performances, and sweat-per-capita among both performers and
That's based on my two shows, several boots and the verbal accounts of
just about everybody involved.
I'd like a do-over on The River tour. I just got to one show, and
unfortunately spent much of the evening in the throes of a, shall we
say, chemical imbalance. Did I somehow miss a 12-minute version of Drive
All Night? I have no recollection whatsoever, your honor.
You know...much as I liked it...well, The Reunion Tour was A LOT like a
do-over RIVER Tour (save for the fact that there was no "Drive All
I had ticket to go the next night, but couldn't go because of my dasmed
$200-a-week job, which I quit the next month.
Now I think, we should have just driven to Jersey (from Boston) for the
summer of '81 shows and just gotten in somehow -- but back then, we
didn't think that way.
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
- Prev by Date: Re: Which was your favorite Tour and Why?
- Next by Date: Re: Boss in cocoon? Are stars hurting the Dems?; by Mickey Kaus (Slate Magazine)
- Previous by thread: Re: Which was your favorite Tour and Why?
- Next by thread: NBC: Anyone here interested in a Genesis reunion?