So I tried the Mozilla software. I have yet to have my first "problem". There initially was a learning curve but it hasn't been too steep to handle. I was able to import my old emails and contacts; the only thing I couldn't seem to do was import my message rules. Thunderbird makes the migration from Outlook Express easy; from Live Mail less so.... but it can be done.

So far I'm happy with the changes.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

  • Re: Unity and removing functions some may depend on.
    ... The new Thunderbird won't use the Add-On for Email Import/Export), ... That's one of the reasons I ... Unity has grown on me: if you set the delay before the launcher appears ... Some things still need work, like the indicators, but the ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: thunderbird replacement
    ... I am looking for a good replacement suggestions.... ... I'd recommend Claws Mail as a replacement for Thunderbird - I've found it ... I would also suggest this solution, allthough I'm using Sylpheed (the ... The program uses Gtk 2. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: YASFWC
    ... My problem is, I used to read/post with XNews, and I've ... switched to Thunderbird for reasons I won't bother going into (I ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Malwarebytes v1.60 released
    ... I have already found a replacement for Firefox. ... I am now looking for a replacement for Thunderbird, ... Thunderchicken I found, when retrieving Gmail, is very very slow and ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Malwarebytes v1.60 released
    ... I have already found a replacement for Firefox. ... I am now looking for a replacement for Thunderbird, ... Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)