Re: Back support

Robert Bolton wrote:

Have any of you guys with desk jobs tried a stand-up workstation, or one
of those big inflatable balls for sitting on?

No, but here's what I know. I sit in a computer chair that only tilts when I'm home. I slouch down in it, set my legs on top of my desk, view the monitor off to my left, and set the keyboard on my lap. If you want to screw up some discs, this is the way to do it. I was hobbling around like I'd broken my back this time last year.

That's disconcerting. I thought varying your posture, sitting up sometimes, reclining sometimes, feet on desk sometimes, laptop in lap sometimes (all of which is what I do), would actually help.

Is this a problem you developed after a number of years, or a shorter while?

My dad used to lay on his front and do what I called the "fish-flop" every morning. Not until he was older than I am now though.

  • Re: Back support
    ... I slouch down in it, set my legs on top of my desk, ... view the monitor off to my left, and set the keyboard on my lap. ... sitting up ... There's quit a bit of bend pressure on your lower back when you do ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: [OT] No drinking problems
    ... I was sitting here, Little Boy in my lap, when I really noticed my ... desk this morning. ... I suddenly realized - I don't have a drinking ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Debt talks.......
    ... Obama is sitting at his desk and a Republican elephant is holding out ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: PC Pro takes on the Mac
    ... the two-buton mouse crap. ... Even when I'm sitting at the desk using my ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)