Re: Q for Beetle experts - vw trike in snow/ice
- From: Timberwoof <timberwoof.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:17:59 -0800
Rayvan <rvannuland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 3, 9:45 am, Sean <no.s...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Re my Stires trike (looks something like this, with a late 70's
Mine's not quite ready for the road yet, and I'm trying to decide
if it's worth fixing up before spring. I'm in Vancouver, Canada
where there's lots of rain and sometimes heavy wet snow.
My question is, how well would this rig run in snow and ice
conditions. Does the Beetle transaxle supply torque to both
Yes. If there's a differential, it supplies equal torque to both
However, if it's not a limited-slip differential, it will allow the
wheel that has no traction to spin at 2x "road" speed while the other
wheel holds tight to the pavement.
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com>
It's easy to say a war is so important your neighbor should go fight it for you.
- Prev by Date: Re: Harley storage bubble
- Next by Date: Re: Q for Beetle experts - vw trike in snow/ice
- Previous by thread: Re: Q for Beetle experts - vw trike in snow/ice
- Next by thread: Re: Q for Beetle experts - vw trike in snow/ice