Re: Picking Nits
- From: "Dean H." <moto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:54:40 -0400
"Dean H." ...
Every bar clamp I've ever seen has one leg on one of the clamping halves
slightly shorter than the other leg. So, tradition would have it you
tighten the tall leg down all the way and then snug the short one to get
the clamping action on the bar. These clamps have equal height legs all
around, so it would be,uh, unlike every clamp I've ever known. I'm sort
of a purist when it comes to basic design stuff.
You're being way too AHR. They are OK.
Coming from you, I'm pretty sure that means something.
And while these clamps offer fore/aft adjustment +-3mm, I was okay with
dead nuts Spanish engineering.
I can't just go slapping anything on this bike. It's not like it's a DRZ
or something. <winky crap>
The degree of adjustability in a design is directly proportional to the
degree of uncertainty.
Okay, well then they have to go forward.
- Prev by Date: Re: Feeling low
- Next by Date: Re: Lost First gear (02 Avalanche)
- Previous by thread: Re: Picking Nits
- Next by thread: Re: Picking Nits