Re: Denatured Alcohol for fuel?

Just wondering how "Choose your own blend" would work for clubs? A club
could buy a drum of Methanol, a few gallons of Nitro, castor and synthetic
oil. Out of that they could mix FAI, 10% sport fuel, heli fuel, high nitro,
all synthetic, all castor, or mix synthetic and castor... all the popular
mixes + club members could design their own custom mixes if they wanted.
Club members could buy the fuel they liked the best or be able to buy the
components to brew their own "secret" blends.

Just a thought, seems better than buying a drum of one kind of fuel to try
to fit everybody.

RogerN

  • Re: Fuel Change
    ... While Castor works in high temp environments, ... For 2 strokes, castor is fine. ... with 15% nitro as far as performance, ease of tuning, ease of starting ... I wonder if the fuel folks just make a few ...
    (rec.models.rc.air)
  • Re: Fuel Change
    ... The higher temperatures are exactly why castor is recommended for 4 strokes. ... I've been running a 10% Nitro, 20% oil blend in all of ... I wonder if the fuel folks just make a few ...
    (rec.models.rc.air)
  • Maybe El Castor (Jeff) will confess
    ... I did for a living before I retired -- and what I think about just ... I assume you are NOT the El Castor since it is not co-signed ... actually going to a club when I turned 21 with a few of my friends from ... dancers as they all cocktailed at the club as well. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: How come you cant refine your own gasoline?
    ... The big refineries spend a lot ... I think the home made fuel will be the biodiesel. ... electrician gets all of the cooking oil from the club (along with the ... 'refine' the used cooking oil, but he figures he's running at about $. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: veggie/green =?ISO-8859-1?Q?b=EAte?= noire
    ... Only if the producers of the fuel have been watching "Fight Club." ...
    (uk.transport)