Re: Scientific Boxing by "Gentleman Jim" Corbett

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:49:06 -0500, David L. Burkhead wrote:

Rabid Weasel wrote:
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 20:43:19 -0500, David L. Burkhead wrote:

I was hoping you could direct me toward some good references related
to how hand and a half swords might have been used (armored and
unarmored) in period fighting. Preferably period references.

German or Italian tradition? (German is way better documented.)

It's a fictional world so whatever.

No problem then.

http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/Talhoffer1443-1459Editions.htm

http://www.aemma.org/onlineResources/liberi/wildRose/fiore.html

http://www.fioredeiliberi.org/fiore/

http://www.the-exiles.org/FioreProject/Project.htm

http://sigmundringeck.tripod.com/

http://www.thearma.org/spotlight/srlspro.htm

http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2006/09/paulus-kal-kunst-des-fechtens-i.html

http://www.schielhau.org/von.danzig.html

http://www.schielhau.org/goliath.p1-20.html

Peace favor your sword (IH),

Kirk

--

FREE historic Western Martial Arts manuals:

http://www.lulu.com/lawson

Western Martial Arts - http://cbd.atspace.com/

"...it's the nature of the media and the participants. A herd of martial artists gets together and a fight breaks out; quelle surprise."

-Chas Speaking of rec.martial-arts

.