Re: BEST MANSTOPPER DOG

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:08:01 +0800, "Fraser Johnston"
<fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>20 -23kgs. My mastiff used to shit things bigger than that.

Your mastiff is probably 4-5 years shorter lived on average than a
smaller dog. Eats 3-4 times as much. Is really difficult to put in
back of your VW. And is slower. Dogs like bear dogs defeat bears by
speed and harassment. The attack from one angle and retreat, run
around a circle and attack from another. Again and again, until the
bear is so confused it runs away. It is not a size on size matchup.
It's speed and cunning against bulk.

I watched my black lab do the exact very thing, and she wasn't even
bred for attacking or agression. She doubled her apparent size by
raising her hackles, showed a huge mouthful of teeth, and literally
ran circles around this black bear until the thing totally freaked and
ran like hell for the woods. One of the amazing things I ever
watched.

Hal

>Fraser

  • Re: Rhames caretaker may have suffered heart attack
    ... Mastiff is too broad of a label, and these dogs aren't ... attack that was completely unrelated to the dogs, ... by them after death. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Feds Go After Idaho Man Who Shot Grizzly Bear to Protect His Family
    ... attack a bear. ... There are stories of dogs reacting both ways. ... drive to protect their masters that overrides their own survival ... Dogs that are protective might be inclined to bark at the bear or stand ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • CO USA: Child in Dog Attack Loses Arm
    ... woman had moved in a week before the attack with yet another pit. ... its time to put strictly enforced limits on the number of dogs in one ... Johanna Jones told CBS4 doctors said Gregg Jones had a 50 percent chance of ... Gregg was attacked while returning from school last Wednesday at his home in ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Pit Bull Owner: Its the Girl Scouts Fault
    ... > A Girl Scout selling andy door to door was mauled by a man's three pit ... > bulls - oh yeah, one isn't enough, he needs three big dogs or his life ... > violations stemming from the attack. ... > "Mr. Sword didn't do anything wrong," Stavros said. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Sick fucks
    ... I too lost beloved dogs, ... one attacked them or accused them of using the death as a way to gain ... you in any way for your outragious attack on Fortenberry. ... "I like cats" That explains a lot, ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)