Re: Can a 22 rifle kill a person

me@xxxxxx wrote:
Can a 22 rifle kill a person?  I know they dont have much power, but I
think they could kill a person if they are shot in the right place.  A
friend says there is no way a 22 can kill a person no matter where
they are shot.

I disagree.

Any opinions?

Tell your friend to think about this and then give a second a verification. A knife, a ice pick, a spear, a arrow, the list goes no. All have much less "power" than a .22LR. To say nothing about the fact that a .22LR works well to kill large cows and pigs before you cut them up for dinner.

Steve

  • Re: Can a 22 rifle kill a person
    ... > I'd think your friend should talk to your local coroner/medical examiner ... > to confirm what everybody's already said: yes, a .22 can and does kill ... Shot at it from 35 yards with Remington Thunderbolt ammo, ... Water filled soda cans and pop bottles also explode and spray water all over ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • QFTCI 01-29 R7-8: Canadian painters, assassination failures
    ... Round 8 - Assassination Failures ... Name the man who shot Pope John Paul II. ... This man who led his country as prime minister and then president ... This man led a conspiracy to kill the King of England and many ...
    (rec.games.trivia)
  • Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD!
    ... just another enemy soldier with rank on a battlefield full of targets, ... ask this SEAL what he "felt" when he shot Bin Laden... ... Because Obama, commander in chief, made the decision to go in and kill ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: (2009-08-14) NS-RFC: BLTs
    ... enemy than a dead person. ... You'd think that the concept of instant kill tho' would change with the ... A head shot will kill anything. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: I am a mom with a gun: Why Ill teach my girls to shoot
    ... the woods with my rifle -- trying to kill a squirrel. ... I aimed and shot. ... into our chicken run and killed five of our laying hens. ... dead chickens we feed to the eagles. ...
    (soc.retirement)