seeking identification for several episcopal coats of arms

I am seeking to identify a coat of arms found in stained glass in
Queen's Court Residential College at Fordham University. We know that
the shields throughout the room in which this coat is found are the
coats-of-arms of bishops who were in one way another associated with
this institution. I would appreciate any leads. Please pardon me if
I do not state anything clearly. Happy to clarify.

a miter, a cross, and a crozier.
On the left side of the shield, a castle tower on a field of blue, on
the right side of the shield a chalice on a field of red. The motto
below reads: "Estote factores verbi"

In advance, my thanks

Fr Joseph Koterski SJ
Fordham University
718-817-3291
koterski@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Clunies-Ross "kings" of the Cocos
    ... coins and banknotes with a coat of arms. ... In the center of the shield ...
    (rec.heraldry)
  • Re: Clunies-Ross "kings" of the Cocos
    ... coins and banknotes with a coat of arms. ... In the center of the shield ...
    (rec.heraldry)
  • shields (fwd)
    ... theme of Coats of Arms. ... whose first name is also the Hebrew word for shield. ... King David's warriors. ... Jewish nobleman with the red Coat of Arms, ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.yarn)
  • Re: Three dexter buckles on a sable ground gules
    ... Barbara Bailey wrote: ... shows a coat of arms, ... I think "coat of arms" can also mean just the shield. ... The arms is the escutcheon (the shield) alone, not any of the other bits. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Three dexter buckles on a sable ground gules
    ... shows a coat of arms, ... I think "coat of arms" can also mean just the shield. ... The arms is the escutcheon (the shield) alone, not any of the other bits. ... The crest is specifically the thing standing on top of the helm. ...
    (alt.usage.english)