# a 30-06. What gives?

It's not any *one* thing ... it's the convergence of *many* things ...
some, people care 'bout ... some, not so much.

#1 reason to git ANY short-action? ... significantly less recoil
DESPITE a lighter-weight gun.

#1 reason NOT to git a short-action? ... in the case of the WSM's,
cost of factory ammo is $30+/20rd.

#1 reason to git a std-action instead? ... typically affords heavier
than typical bullets in the same caliber.

#1 reason most folks don't git a .260rem 'er 7mm-08 fer a deer
rifle? ... they wanna BE ABLE to shoot an elk (and they don't think
either of them is suitable).

#1 reason to git a WSM? ... so long as ya can do it in 3 shots 'er
less, ya can shoot a deer with comparable recoil to a typical .30-06
(that .30-06 bein' a heavier gun), 'er even less recoil if ya
handload, and ya still got somethin' most folks consider suitable fer
elk (which STILL has less recoil than a 7rm, despite 7rm bein' a
heavier gun).

#1 failure of Winchester with regard to WSM's? ... no "low-recoil"
ammo (not that it was needed, but with Remington and Federal doin' the
same with the older calibers, why not?)

#1 BS claim against WSM's? ... feeding problems.

#1 reason fer BS claims against WSM's? ... sour grapes.

#1 reason Ruger don't list WSM's in their '07 catalog? ... 'cause Rick
Jamison is a greedy little SOB who sued Winchester 'n Remington and
they don't care to line his pockets any more 'n what they already are.

Ya ever want the straight dope on WSM's, ask someone who OWNS one. Ya
ever want BS on WSM's, ask someone who don't.

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net
Win a one-of-a-kind Fulton Armory AR-15 tactical rifle while defending
liberty in a front-line state. MPFO raffle details at http://www.myguns.net

  • Re: Posing the question Again -- Stopping Power
    ... that gun is no better than the larger calibers because it's so ... recoil and you have to reposition your grip after every shot. ... They tend to be built a bit heavier and the heavier the gun, ... That's why my Ruger Redhawk .357 magnum revolver is such a joy to shoot. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: JOIN THE NRA !!
    ... of reasonable gun control. ... have done this and it is one reason I do not trust polls. ... would have worded it as the government being restricted. ... me the right to own military weaponry. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: JOIN THE NRA !!
    ... of reasonable gun control. ... From reading your survey, there is no clear agreement on anything. ... have done this and it is one reason I do not trust polls. ... would have worded it as the government being restricted. ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: A well regulated militia or any individual
    ... The rest of us see "the right to keep and bear arms ... not intended to be the ONLY reason they believed the right to bear ... government of limited and enumerated powers. ... Personal gun ownership to keep the government under control is like the ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Right to keep and arm bears secure
    ... put on some soft music we can infer you have something on your mind other ... a mystery to you thus your innocent inquiries about gun mfgs. ... I don't think you expect that either, but for some reason my refusal to ... sense like safe storage laws, background checks, transfers via dealers, ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)