Re: Takedown Instructions/Exploded Drawing for Marlin Model 19 Pump Shotgun

Bunz Luver wrote:
# I just bought a 100 year old Marlin Model 19 pump shotgun on a whim at a
# local gun show. Looks pretty good, considering it's age and the action
# seems both slick and tight. The barrel was cut down to 20", so I am
# thinking about using it for CAS (I know, I know... some ranges won't allow
# any pump scattergun except the '97 and clones). It's supposed to be a
# takedown, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do so. Does anyone
# know where there might some takedown instructions and/or an exploded view
# diagram for this thing?
#
# HB
#
I don't ever recall seeing instructions, but Gun Parts has an online
parts drawing. There's a barrel locknut listed, might be that's part
of the key. I don't see any barrel extension like most of its takedown
contemporaries would have. I've seen a few of these at shows, most
were old barn guns and would have been better off in a smelter.

Stan

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net

Win a Fulton Armory M1 carbine with red-dot sight and ammo. Protect your
2nd Amendment Rights at the same time! See details at http://www.myguns.net

  • BPH9 compares the new Weatherby light varmint rifle to his custom
    ... This months article in "Guns Magazine" evaluates the new Weatherby. ... Lets take a look at the rifle and compare it to my own custom ... barrel burners and expect very short barrel life in the neighborhood ... this new gun is only 22 inches. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Make 12 gauge shotgun in 8 minutes
    ... possessing a shotgun with a barrel under some arbitrary length that doesn't ... weapon at other cops. ... legal "coach gun" shotgun, and if the situation ever arises where she has ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Only in America
    ... Does the weapon really rise enough before the bullet leaves the barrel ... notionally firm (but in practice more or less floppy) point below the ... Where the gun goes after that doesn't affect the bullet. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Deer Hunting - Shotgun Q
    ... >>> They are not very good slug guns. ... >> I'm no fan of the Express, but if you mean that his barrel makes it "not ... >> very good slug gun" then I'd have to differ. ... Wingmaster with a smooth bore. ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • How to pick the right semi-automatic
    ... How to buy a semi-automatic handgun ... guns in response to recent gun control activities in the United Nations. ... With adjustable sights and a barrel well over ... clutching this beautiful stainless gem by Sig Sauer. ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)