Re: Powder burn rates, need help understanding a few things

Pressure affects burn rate differently for different powders.
AA#5 may be shown on burn rate charts as slower than Power Pistol, but
at high pressures, it is much faster.

I try to notify the burn rate chart authors of their mistakes when there
is a wide disparity on the chart between two powders that are in fact
the same powder with different names.

Herter's 164 = Nobel 64
Power Pistol = Bullseye 84
HS-6 = W540= True Blue
Enforcer = AA#9 =H108 = WC820
H110 = W296
RL-15 = varget
H4831SC = ~ AA3100
W231 = HP38 = Ramshot Zip
W540 = HS6 =True Blue
W571 = HS7
W760 = H414
WAP = Ramshot Silhouette
WC680 =AA1680 = H116
W820 = H108
Win 296 = H110
Win 785 = H450
WC 844 = H335
WC 846 = BLC(2)
452AA = Trap 100

These identities come to me from the gun culture folklore, but I have
experimentally verified the "AA#9= Enforcer" with sight, smell, and
threshold charge required to flow 7.62x25mm brass.

For choosing to fight, one gets the horrors or war, stress, and possibly
For choosing not to fight, one gets subjugation, humiliation, and
possibly death.
Choose your fights carefully.

Win a Fulton Armory AR-15 rifle and protect your 2nd Amendment Rights too!
See details at to support MPFO!
Learn about rec.guns at