Re: Essex Arms .45

"Don Staples" <dstaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
# A friend has an Essex Arms 1911 .45. Marked Essex Arms, Island Pond, Vt.
# The slide is marked Remington Rand Inc, Syracuse, N.Y. U.S.A. In
# to new condition.
# Any idea on quality and value? Or history.

History, maybe.

Essex Arms manufactured frames. The slide is military surplus (and likely
most of the other parts). The gun was probably assembled by a small
gunsmith or hobbyist.

I have one my father built. It is missing a small chip from the right side
rail. (Nothing I consider to be a problem).

I also have one I built using a Ranger (aluminum) frame and a Colt
conversion unit.

Learn about rec.guns at