Re: Essex Arms .45

"Don Staples" <dstaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:devt21$acd$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# A friend has an Essex Arms 1911 .45. Marked Essex Arms, Island Pond, Vt.
# The slide is marked Remington Rand Inc, Syracuse, N.Y. U.S.A. In
excellent
# to new condition.
#
# Any idea on quality and value? Or history.
#

History, maybe.

Essex Arms manufactured frames. The slide is military surplus (and likely
most of the other parts). The gun was probably assembled by a small
gunsmith or hobbyist.

I have one my father built. It is missing a small chip from the right side
rail. (Nothing I consider to be a problem).

I also have one I built using a Ranger (aluminum) frame and a Colt
conversion unit.

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com

  • Re: Essex Arms .45
    ... Marked Essex Arms, Island Pond, Vt. ... the slide markings, ... Remington Rand made a bunch of .45s during WWII as did ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Essex Arms .45
    ... Marked Essex Arms, Island Pond, Vt. ... Remington Rand made over one million 1911A1 pistols under contract to ... Could your friend's gun be a hybrid, an old GI slide on a new ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Just bought another toy to get me through the winter
    ... Picked up a used Essex Arms M1911A1 as my new carry gun. ... SS slide, ... receiver. ... For my protection on long rides. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Just bought another toy to get me through the winter
    ... Picked up a used Essex Arms M1911A1 as my new carry gun. ... SS slide, blued receiver. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)