Re: Essex Arms .45

"Don Staples" <dstaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:devt21$acd$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# A friend has an Essex Arms 1911 .45. Marked Essex Arms, Island Pond, Vt.
# The slide is marked Remington Rand Inc, Syracuse, N.Y. U.S.A. In
excellent
# to new condition.
#
# Any idea on quality and value? Or history.
#

History, maybe.

Essex Arms manufactured frames. The slide is military surplus (and likely
most of the other parts). The gun was probably assembled by a small
gunsmith or hobbyist.

I have one my father built. It is missing a small chip from the right side
rail. (Nothing I consider to be a problem).

I also have one I built using a Ranger (aluminum) frame and a Colt
conversion unit.

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com