Old Savage Arms Springfield mod 120 22 bolt action rifle?

Recently purchased this single shot bolt action 22 rifle and like it a
lot
but can't find any historical or service information anywhere so far.
I'm guessing it is from the 40's but really have no idea.
Anybody know anything about this rifle?
Thanks in advance,
Al

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com

  • Savage Arms Springfield mod 120 22 bolt action rifle?
    ... Just purchased this single shot bolt action 22 rifle and like it a lot ... but can't find any historical or service information anywhere so far. ... I'm guessing it is from the 40's but really have no idea. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: 44/70 Gov Semi-Auto
    ... # chambers a 44-70 government cartridge? ... Powerful, you can handload enhanced loads in this particular rifle, and ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Dumb Stuff at the Range - Opinions?
    ... I'm guessing the rule is based on a reasonable safety concept, ... rifle unexpectedly gone full auto is safer, not as likely to get pointed ... the wrong direction due to recoil in five rounds as it would be with 30. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Old Savage Arms Springfield mod 120 22 bolt action rifle?
    ... #I'm guessing it is from the 40's but really have no idea. ... #Anybody know anything about this rifle? ... I think it's just one of the many hardware store grade single shot .22 ...
    (rec.guns)