How to pronounce "Leupold"

I know it's pissy of me, but it lights me up to hear people say
"LEE-OH-POLD", when they pronounce that name. It is "LOO-POLD". If the
spelling is "leopold" then the former pronunciation is correct. I have been
arguing this with some buddies for some time, and it finally dawned on me to
call Leupold's general info recording number, and have them listen in order
to prove it. If you press the right buttons, you can hear three different
people say "LOO-POLD" on one call. Try it, and quit embarrassing yourself.

I just thought I'd start a real flame war with that!

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com