Is this a poppy?

In the autumn of 2010 I planted different types poppy seed that I'd
forgotten to plant earlier in the year.

They didn't flower last year, I imagine because I'd sewn them too late.
All of my seedlings and plants were kept in the greenhouse to grow and I
hadn't labelled any of them.

We planted them out in the ground in March and they've done really well.
But I'm a little confused because I was sure they were all poppies, but
one particular plant doesn't look like the rest. It has strange buds on
that I don't recognise.

Can someone confirm if this is a poppy or something else?

|Filename: giantpoppy.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15072|
|Filename: dontknow.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15073|

Labella

  • To deadhead or not to deadhead !!!
    ... I'm very new to the whole gardening pastime, ... I have a potted plant, ... They have some foliage towards the top, ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Any flower experts out there? 1 of 2
    ... Plant 6471 ... Even seeing more of the plant I couldn't be sure, as there are several hundred species of Veronica, but it looks rather like Veronica gentianoides. ... Silene, probably Silene dioica. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Is my Acer dying?
    ... noticed some spider webs on the plant and some tiny red spider looking ... I also noticed some black patches on the tree branches (see ... Some parts of the plant look fine, ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: I D Please
    ... I picked the seeds up in the hotel car park. ... 'Buy plants online, including rare and popular plant varieties from Hill ... I think you'd help yourself a lot if you took some of them suggestions given here and fed them into Google images. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Hi does anyone know what these two spiky things are, please?
    ... but possibly Spanish Broom (Spartium junceum). ... The plant in the ... third picture looks familiar but ID evades me. ...
    (rec.gardens)