Trim Tomato plants ? Pic

I have a tomato plant in a pot and it's growing fast . Can I trim off
some of the branches without flowers ? I keep off the suckers . Last
year the plant reached five foot. The plant below is Early Girl.

Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/SALADANYONE

  • Re: Neighbors dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property
    ... part of a tree or other plant that is on or over your property. ... trim a neighbor's plant so excessively that it dies. ... code has prohibition of "mutilating" trees - likely so neighbor doesn't cut half of a tree that is over his property. ... Lot of logic to the bldg. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: When to transplant brambles?
    ... Probably best to do over Winter when they are dormant and to trim off most of the top growth first. ... I've got a cultivated bramble that I planted in the wrong place and it either needs moving or maybe I'll try taking some cuttings by layering instead and plant those elsewhere. ... Alternatively you could simply plant some blackberry seeds, but the offspring may not come true. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Neighbors dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property
    ... part of a tree or other plant that is on or over your property. ... don't believe many if any areas require the property owner who has the ... trim a neighbor's plant so excessively that it dies. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Bizzy Lizzies
    ... This depends a lot on the type of plant. ... I would guess most woody ... perennials could handle a little trim, but you might want to post a ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • St Johns Wort (Perennial) Care
    ... I planted several St John's Wort perennials last spring in my NJ ... trimmed the plant to its base or not. ... the woody growth and many of the leaves remained on during the Winter ... Do I trim it back in the spring to its base or not? ...
    (rec.gardens)