Dying Tulips

I've just moved and now have a garden for the first time.
The garden was already full of plants when I moved, but the Tulips the
were growing are now dying.They were erect then they started to fall
over, the heads then started to grow upwards again although the stems
were still laying almost flat.

Could this be caused by the fact it has been very wet lately with little
sunshine, except for about 1 week of very good weather?

And what should I be doing to save the Tulips?

--
skippysje

  • Re: How can I avoid the World Cup without turning off?
    ... The tulips will not like being waterlogged. ... The Keukenhof shut it's gates three weeks ago. ... this year was the first time for 9 years I didn't go there. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Poppies, NOT Dying Tulips
    ... Keep watering the plants after they bloom. ... Will planting the bulbs make them come up too ... David Ross or David Hare-Scott, or somebody in/near my zone, how do ... I don't even try to grow tulips. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Advice wanted: dealing with an unloved garden- where to start?
    ... dead head/cut back rest of plants ... I know that tulips need to go in later on. ... It's a fraction late but you can still plant bulbs - tulip, daffs, crocs, ... Why do you want raised beds? ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Dying Tulips
    ... The garden was already full of plants when I moved, ... were growing are now dying.They were erect then they started to fall ... And what should I be doing to save the Tulips? ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: What plants would you take with you if you moved house.....
    ... say that I don't like either camellias or tulips. ... know that it's compulsory to like these plants. ... I find yellow and orange plants disconcerting, love cottagey plants but tropical stuff never appeals. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)