Re: leaves turning yellow on sycamore

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:48:30 -0400, "symplastless"
<symplastless@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Boron Elgar" <boron_elgar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 08:00:38 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon <PENMART01@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have family there, visit frequently, and see the sycamores. What

Does the so called sycamore you see have ring porous or diffuse porous wood?
Also often here in PA they often call a London Plane Tree a Sycamore Tree.
Do you have any pictures of the trees you call sycomores?

I didn't make up the name - they are called that in California....
California sycamores, Platanus racemosa, referred to locally as plain
old "sycamore."

The ones here in the east that I am familiar with - the American
sycamore - is Platanus occidentalis, referred to locally as plain old
"sycamore."

The London plane is yet a different Plantanus, often referred to as
P.x hispanica, referred to locally as plain old "plane tree."

Boron

.