Re: leaves turning yellow on sycamore

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:48:30 -0400, "symplastless"
<symplastless@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Boron Elgar" <boron_elgar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 08:00:38 -0700 (PDT), Sheldon <PENMART01@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have family there, visit frequently, and see the sycamores. What

Does the so called sycamore you see have ring porous or diffuse porous wood?
Also often here in PA they often call a London Plane Tree a Sycamore Tree.
Do you have any pictures of the trees you call sycomores?

I didn't make up the name - they are called that in California....
California sycamores, Platanus racemosa, referred to locally as plain
old "sycamore."

The ones here in the east that I am familiar with - the American
sycamore - is Platanus occidentalis, referred to locally as plain old
"sycamore."

The London plane is yet a different Plantanus, often referred to as
P.x hispanica, referred to locally as plain old "plane tree."

Boron

  • Re: leaves turning yellow on sycamore
    ... Its my understanding that if the bark behind the shed phellem is white it is ... Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. ... Does the so called sycamore you see have ring porous or diffuse porous ... Also often here in PA they often call a London Plane Tree a Sycamore Tree. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Depth of tree roots
    ... The degree to which any of these horizontal roots serve to anchor ... the tree, will need to taken into account. ... If it is a sycamore, ... of course on the direction of any prevailing winds in the OP's ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: leaves turning yellow on sycamore
    ... Does the so called sycamore you see have ring porous or diffuse porous wood? ... Also often here in PA they often call a London Plane Tree a Sycamore Tree. ... Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: leaves turning yellow on sycamore
    ... Also often here in PA they often call a London Plane Tree a Sycamore ... Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Sycamore tree has mildew
    ... There is a systemic thing that tree services can apply, ... experience 20 years ago with a huge sycamore, ... > my 30 ft. tall Sycamore Tree has mildew. ... > fungus "contagious". ...
    (rec.gardens)