How to keep dogs off my container plants??

I have had moderate amount of success with my potted garden but now my
dogs have gone and dug them up. i've managed to salvage about 6 of them
but the casualties of war ran up quite high this time. 6 broken pots and
20 dead plants later, i've resorted to tie-ins and crating but i would
love any idea that would make my potted plants unappetising and
unappealing to my dogs.

i've been toying with the idea of burying barb wires around the outer
perimeter of my pots. would that help? has anyone tried this before?

any ideas are most welcome. i love my dogs and i love my flowering
plants, so i would like to find a solution that allows them to co-exist
peacefully.

thank you all,
arman.

--
Arman

  • Re: How to keep dogs off my container plants??
    ... dogs have gone and dug them up. ... 20 dead plants later, i've resorted to tie-ins and crating but i would ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Old dogpark photo
    ... What lovely dogs! ... The landscaper decided the east wall ... plants, and I considered ours to be no exception. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.behavior)
  • Re: Police mistake widows tomato plants for cannabis factory
    ... her tomato plants for a cannabis factory, ... "The officers burst in with sniffer dogs and took samples of the ... window when he saw police cars stop outside. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: How to keep dogs off my container plants??
    ... dogs have gone and dug them up. ... 20 dead plants later, i've resorted to tie-ins and crating but i would ... ISTR that coffee grounds are good for plants, ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Helping a neighbor
    ... I'm taking care of her dogs and plants, picking up her mail and papers, and checking for bills that need to be paid with checks that she has already signed. ... The only thing I know of more bouncy than toy poodles are Jack Russell terriors:) Boing! ... I have the same problem when I cat-sit for my neighbor. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)