Servers shutting NewsGroups down!!!!!

Well we finally received a message from Cox & they are closing down the free access to newsgroups!

A lot of our original members have joined up on a Email List set up by Ray Barkelow, so see

below.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers Wendy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lately I have received notice of quite a few posts being automatically rejected by the Freelists server, as the sender was not subscribed to the list. In most of the cases, it appears that the sender is subscribed, but not with the email address from which the message was sent. If you have multiple email addresses, please be sure to send only from the one you used to subscribe, or subscribe with the others, as well.

Managing your account:

You may change your status (subscription, digest, vacation) three ways:

1. Visit the First Rays Free Services page, select the appropriate link and use the Freelists form.

2. Visit this list’s web page - http://www.freelists.org/webpage/orchidphotos - and do the same.

3. Send an email to orchidphotos-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with one of the following commands in the subject line (hint - save this email, and each of the following is a link to do so):

a. Subscribe

b. Unsubscribe

c. Set Digest

d. Unset Digest

e. Set Vacation

f. Unset Vacation

g. Help

Message Archives:

To view images attached to archived messages, click on the attachment file name. You will need the user name “orchidphotos” and the password “orchidarchives” to view them. (I don’t know why it’s that protected…)

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com

Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books

Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!

  • Re: how to uninstall preload?
    ... digest) is under the header "Forwarded" and while replying to that it ... header is the header of your response. ... you use gmail it might not work, but it is definitely worth a try. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • [fw-wiz] List stuff (administrivia)
    ... Looks like the volume is picking up here, so I want to make sure that ... Digest is set for 30k per ... You can change subscription options by going to: ... I'm still getting *lots* of content filtering bounces. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: READ ME: When replying to users digest...
    ... | switched from a digest to regular emails. ... lists out of necessity). ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: debian-user-digest
    ... Are all threads included to a reader's digest? ... There seems to be a debian-user-digest that you can subscribe to here: ... If you don't want another subscription maybe you could try one of the ... the server will reply to all mailing lists I'm ...
    (Debian-User)