Do deer eat cabbage?

Something is eating our cabbage, starting at the top. (As opposed to
from the side.) Zuchinis also have been bitten, but apparently are
unworthy.

There are woodchucks and rabbits around, but I don't see any places
where the fence has been breached. And there are squirrels, who can
get over the fence. But, I have a trap right near the cabbage, and
it's usually hard to keep the squirrels out of it.

Which leaves (maybe?) deer. There's fresh 'sign' around, some near
(but outside) the garden. Would Bambi eat a cabbage?

Thanks,
George

  • Re: Do deer eat cabbage?
    ... Deer will eat pretty much anything green, tomatoes, peppers, the plants mostly. ... where the fence has been breached. ... it's usually hard to keep the squirrels out of it. ... Would Bambi eat a cabbage? ...
    (rec.gardens.edible)
  • Re: Do deer eat cabbage?
    ... >> Something is eating our cabbage, ... >> where the fence has been breached. ... >I lost my second and third plantings of broccoli and Brussells ... >Sprouts to a 3-day old moose calf earlier this summer. ...