Re: Blue Flyback Tester with G07

You can check the flyback by unsoldering the base and emitter of the Horizontal Output Transistor. The collector of the HOT is still connected to the flyback and is a good test point.

GO7s mostly fail due to bad caps - these can take the flyback with them if they draw too much current...if you have a GO7 monitor it is wise to replace the caps off the flyback every ten years or so (in home use).

John :-#)#

troxelone@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks, John. I was kind of thinking (hoping) you would answer. I
really appreciate you taking the time to post an answer. One more
question. How do you test the flyback if the HOT is bad?

Thanks again,
Theron