Re: Question/Possible Bug with Big Screen

Wil Hunt wrote:
> Hey all..
>
> I noticed that when Big Screen is on (-- -b) detection spells and the
> like have a much larger effective area. Is there a reason for this? I
> would expect that the area would be consistent independent of the size
> of the dungeon currently displayed. And anything detected outside of
> the current screen display could be viewed by shifting the display.

No bug, it's a feature.

If you use the locate command "L" it will tell you what sector you're
in. Detection operates on the sector, not what you see on the screen.
With BigTile mode you're only seeing part of the sector at one time, so
you can have the screen scroll and still be in the same sector. To help
confuse you, the latest scrolling algorithm scrolls the screen well
before you get to the edge, so AFAIK even if you're playing with the
original no graphics, no BigTiles you still get a scroll before you get
to the sector boundary.

Bill

  • Re: Question/Possible Bug with Big Screen
    ... >> like have a much larger effective area. ... >> the current screen display could be viewed by shifting the display. ... Detection operates on the sector, not what you see on the screen. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: SMART: reallocated sectors? (was defragmenting discussion.)
    ... CPS is indeed 0 for me, but (using DiskCheckup from www.passmark.com, but the display is almost identical) RSC isn't. ... Description Reallocated Sector Count ... replaced by a spare sector on the same track or cylinder perhaps. ... smaller drives, hard drives were leaving the factory with ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SMART: reallocated sectors? (was defragmenting discussion.)
    ... CPS is indeed 0 for me, but (using DiskCheckup from www.passmark.com, but the display is almost identical) RSC isn't. ... Description Reallocated Sector Count ... replaced by a spare sector on the same track or cylinder perhaps. ... smaller drives, hard drives were leaving the factory with ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: using bzip2 to compress man-pages
    ... I dont want to wait for my manpages to display, ... to stick us useful root filesystem onto a USB key can be useful ... sector_size), which currently pushes the file into an additional sector. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Question/Possible Bug with Big Screen
    ... Detection operates on the sector, not what you see on the screen. ... full screen, independed of BigTile), not on the sector. ... To help confuse you, the latest scrolling algorithm scrolls the screen well before you get to the edge, so AFAIK even if you're playing with the original no graphics, no BigTiles you still get a scroll before you get to the sector boundary. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)