Re: Black Hole speech/ attract mode issue

On Jul 23, 3:15 pm, EPB <creatureslag...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently got a BH, the "Do you dare to enter the black hole" speech
during attract mode worked when I first got it home (no music, just
the speech) but now when I turn it on it doesn't do any speech (and
still no sound) in attract mode....in game play is fine after you
start a game and Re-entry speech works, the problem seems to be in
attract mode.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Check the dip switches on the sound card.
DIP S3 and S4- Used for attract sounds and how often they are played.
Both off is no attract sounds. Both on is maximum time between sounds.
May be a dirty switch.

  • Re: star trek next gen special roms
    ... Only three things change during game play, ... exciting home rom but funny to hear some of the quotes during attract there ... > new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on ... > with special flipper codes or in attract mode???? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • What Republican could bring out 200,000 Germans?
    ... All Reagan could do was attract 20,000 German citizens when he gave his "Tear Down this Wall" speech in Berlin. ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Gottlieb/Premier Monte Carlo clicks during attrack mode
    ... At one point the machine is suppose to play a tune attract tune ... comes from the playfield and no spinning wheel. ... returns to silent attract mode. ... All other functions of the game are ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: TECH: Firepower Blown CPU
    ... night for about 30 minutes straight sitting in attract mode and I ... smelled something coming from the head, then all of the sudden attract ... putting out the proper voltages I discovered that the CPU is DEAD. ...